Congratulations on the following clubs who won their regional pennant grand finals on Saturday 2 April 2022:
|Pennant Division||North West||South||North||East Coast|
|Division 1||Latrobe||New Norfolk||Westbury|
|Division 2||Railton||Sandy Bay||Midlands|
|Division 3||Latrobe||Claremont||George Town||Scamander|
|Division 5||Burnie||Claremont||St Helens|
All Divisions except Division 3 and Division 6
Game 1 – Saturday 9th 9am Start: South vs North
Game 2 – Saturday 9th, 1pm Start: North West vs Loser Game 1
Game 3 – Sunday 10th, 9am Start: North West vs Winner of Game 1
Game 1 – Saturday 9th, 9am Start: North vs NW, South vs East Coast
Game 2 – Saturday 9th, 1pm Start: NW vs South, North vs East Coast
Game 3 – Sunday 10th, 9am Start: East Coast vs NW, South vs North
Game 2 – Saturday 9th, 1pm start – South vs North
Please note that Sides shall consist of 3 rinks of 4 players in the State Pennant Finals.
All the above clubs have accepted an invitation from Bowls Tasmania to compete in the Bowls Tasmania Saturday State Pennant Finals which will be played on Saturday 9 April 2022 and Sunday 10 April 2022 at Rosny Park and Beltana.
Venues will be as follows:
Rosny Park – Premier and Divisions 2, 4 and 6 (Saturday afternoon only).
Beltana – Divisions 1, 3 (Six rinks) and 5.
Clubs are required to email their squad to your region’s Statistician at least four days prior to the event to confirm their eligibility.
- In conjunction with Bowls Tasmania, appoint venues.
- Appoint a relevant number of Umpires/measurers for each venue.
- Each regions Statistician’s to verify eligibility of their players in each grade and email eligible playing list to BTAS office two days prior to event to e days prior to the event
Host Venue Responsibilities:
- Allocate rinks as per agreement with Bowls Tasmania.
- Provide mats, jacks and scoreboards for each rink with names for participating teams.
- Provide Master Scoreboards for each game with names for participating teams and some-one to regularly update the overall scores (one of the participating team’s match managers could be asked to assist).
- Provide a Match Manager to oversee.
- Enter results into the online portal after each game.
- Each club is required to provide a light lunch (e.g. Salad Rolls) for a price of $5 per head for each player. Saturday: all 3 playing sides, Sunday the 2 playing sides. It is recommended they provide canteen style food for purchase by players & spectators also.
Competing Club Responsibilities:
- Provide list of players to your region’s Statistician at least four days prior to event to verify their eligibility to play.
- Enter team players into the online portal (available from Tuesday 5 April 2022).
- Be aware of Conditions of Play and be sure all players are eligible.
- Collect the $5 per head for lunch and pay in one lump sum to the host venue.
- Please note that ALL clubs will be required to purchase lunch on day 1 (Saturday) and the 2 participating clubs on day 2 (Sunday) are required to purchase lunch.
- Ensure additional food requirements are ordered from the host club.
- All teams participating (where practicable) must stay for presentations.
Rules for practice for Saturday State Pennant Finals will be as follows.
- Subject to permission of the host club, practice is permitted on any available rink on any green of the host club in the days leading up to Saturday State Pennant Finals.
- There will be no practice permitted prior to any 9am games other than the usual two trial ends.
- The team with the bye may practice on the rinks that the two teams have just played on at the conclusion of their game. However, they must be off the green 30 minutes prior to the start of play or by the time the cards are drawn, whichever comes first.
Conditions of Play:
Conditions of Play can be found HERE.
Results will be posted on Bowls Link immediately after each game is finished. To view the results click on the following links: