The Constitution of Bowls Tasmania defines the composition of the Board of Management as follows:
President : The Board will appoint a President from amongst its numbers. The President shall be the nominal head of the Association and will act as chair of any Board meetings or General Meetings.
Treasurer: Shall be appointed by the Board as an Independent Director.
Directors (6): Six (6) Directors elected by the Regions. 3 male, 3 female. Directors cannot hold positions on Regional Boards. Term is for 3 years. The Board must appoint one Independent Director(Treasurer) and can appoint up to 2 other Independent Directors as required from time to time.
- Guide Bowls Tasmania in the formulation of the strategic direction.
- To determine policies for the sport
- Review Bowls Tasmania’s performance in achieving its pre-determined aims, objectives and policies.
- Receive nominations for and appoint members of the Board.
- Conduct the Annual General Meeting of Bowls Tasmania plus other meetings as and when determined
- Monitor and amend the Bowls Tasmania Inc. Constitution as and when required
- Elect members of standing committees
Board of Directors
Please click here to see a list of the current Board of Directors and their portfolios.
Bowls Tasmania CEO: Rob McGuire
Regional Consultative Committee
Each Regional Authority – Bowls Tasmania South, Bowls North and Bowls North West – is entitled to appoint two delegates to the Bowls Tasmania Regional Consultative Committee.