COMPULSORY COVID-19 VACCINATIONS FOR ALL BOWLS TASMANIA EVENTS (UPDATED)
The Bowls Tasmania Board has determined that Bowls Tasmania needs to lead the way and provide direction to regions and clubs regarding compulsory COVID-19 vaccinations.
Accordingly it is now Bowls Tasmania policy that:
- Players would have to be fully vaccinated (two doses) against COVID-19 to be selected to play in future State teams.
- Players in future Bowls Tasmania championships must be fully vaccinated (two doses)and must show proof of vaccination to be eligible to play.
- Players in Bowls Tasmania State Wide Challenge games played after 1 February 2022 must be fully vaccinated (two doses)and must show proof of vaccination to be eligible to play.
The Bowls Tasmania Board has granted exemptions to the above as follows:
- Players will not have to be vaccinated against COVID-19 if they can provide an exemption signed by a qualified medical practitioner.
- Junior players will not have to be fully vaccinated (two doses) until 30 June 2022.
The Bowls Tasmania Board has strongly recommended to regions and clubs that they follow the above Bowls Tasmania policy regarding all bowls under their jurisdictions.