COVID-19 UPDATE – MASKS REQUIRED INDOORS
Effective from midnight 20 December 2021 until further notice, everyone aged 12 and over is required to wear a mask in all public indoor spaces as an additional layer of protection against COVID-19. This includes:
- Businesses, shops, accommodation including hotels, restaurants, pubs and bowls clubs.
- Public transport
There are some exceptions. You do not need to wear a mask when:
- Outdoors – unless attending a large event.
- In your home or when visiting the home of someone else.
- Consuming food, drink or medicine – you may remove your mask briefly to eat or drink inside but must put it back on immediately afterwards.
- Travelling in a vehicle alone, or only with someone who normally lives with you.
- Doing intense physical exercise – lawn bowls is not deemed to be intense physical exercise.
- An exemption or exception is provided by the Director of Public Health (or delegate).
Children aged under 12 years or those undertaking primary education are exempt from wearing masks indoors.
The Tasmanian Government’s Coronavirus website https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/
provides more detail, but the most relevant points are listed above.