Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
As many of you would have seen Bowls Australia has this morning passed on a recommendation on the immediate suspension of all bowls events amid the growing concern and uncertainty around the coronavirus (COVID-19). This advice is related to any pennant competition, championships, tournaments and Club events. (Bowls Australia Statement)
Bowls Tasmania is hereby fully endorsing this advice and is therefore suspending all Bowls Tasmania events until further notice. Please be aware of the following;
- Open SWC 22nd March 2020 CANCELLED
- Thursday State Pennant Finals 15th/16th April 2020 CANCELLED
- Saturday State Pennant Finals 18th/19th April 2020 CANCELLED
- Junior SWC 26th April 2020 CANCELLED
- TAS vs VIC Test Series 6th – 8th May 2020 CANCELLED
- Tasmanian Champion of Champion Singles 26th April 2020 – POSTPONED until further notice.
- Indoor Qualifying 3rd – 5th May 2020 – POSTPONED until further notice.
- Bowls State League (This was a new event to be launched shortly) – POSTPONED until further notice.
- All training days, selection trials, classification days etc. for our Open, Senior, Junior, Disability and Bowling Arm teams are POSTPONED until further notice.
- All Bowls Tasmania meetings will be moved to online until further notice.
Bowls Tasmania has passed this recommendation onto our 3 regional authorities in Tasmania and advice will be received from each of those regions regarding their regional pennant competitions.
This is a unique situation that has impacted more industries than ever before. To all of our Clubs and members we know you’re doing it tough and we are here to support you in this time and in the recovery when we get through this period.
This is an ever evolving situation and updates will be presented to Regions, Clubs and Members as they become available.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.