Recruitment: Chair – National Officiating Advisory Group
Bowls Australia is looking for a qualified technical official to chair the National Officiating Advisory Group. Bowls Australia is searching for a Chair for the National Officiating Advisory Group.
The Chair of the NOAG is a key volunteer position within Bowls Australia and will play an important role in providing advice and guidance to the Bowls Australia Board in all aspects of officiating within Australia and internationally.
All applicants must hold a minimum National Umpire qualification and ideally be an International Technical Official (ITO).
This role will be responsible for the following areas:
• Laws of the Game
– Review the Laws of the Sport of Bowls
– Develop and maintain relevant Domestic Regulations
– Make recommendations to World Bowls in regards to Laws of the Sport of Bowls
– Provide clarification on the Laws of the Sport of Bowls
• Development of National Officiating Accreditation Scheme (NOAS)
– Liaise with relevant stakeholders (ASC et al) to develop the NOAS program in accordance with ASC requirements
– Implement (where required) NOAS programs
– Monitor the NOAS program and amend where appropriate
• State/Territory based Elite Officiating Panels
– Develop competency levels for National and state panels
– Work with the STAs to establish State/Territory Officiating Panels
– Awareness and training of elite officials who officiate at all National and International events held in Australia (ITO’s)
– Identify and train potential umpires to officiate at major International events and other BA events
– Work with the National Officiating Advisory Group to develop appropriate resources for accredited umpires at all levels (club, state, national and international)
• Promotion of officials
– Work with the State/Territory Umpiring Committees to promote the role and respect for umpires
– Liaise directly with each STA and annually attend update meetings with STA umpires (one per STA every 2 years if required)
– Liaise with the Australian Member of World Bowls Laws and Constitution Committee
Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com in one Microsoft Word or PDF document by the close of business Wednesday, September 23, 2015.
More information regarding this position can be found in the two links below.
Click here to view the Chair – NOAG application process.
Click here to view the Chair – NOAG position description.
If you would like further information regarding this exciting opportunity please do not hesitate to contact General Manager Bowls Operations Tony Sherwill at firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9480 7121.